Can you guarantee social media ROI?
No, says ultimate business man and social media expert, Gary Vaynerchuk. @garyvee
I agree and absolutely love Gary’s answer in the slide show below.
Best answer ever:
Social Engagement + Great Customer Service Will Boost Your Social Media ROI
Not having the right social media channels for your customers to reach out to you is the 1995 equivalent of not having a phone line.
- Customer Service – Customers prefer social media over the phone for customer service. I know I do. Hands down, I receive the best customer care and fastest response when I mention a business with a well managed social media campaign. Does it “work both ways”? Yes,–that is why it is important to consistently monitor your social media platforms. It doesn’t mean that you will never have an unhappy customer, however, it is your chance to demonstrate your company’s excellent customer service by responding promptly to all social references; positive and negative. Have competitors who have well-run social media platforms? Can you guess where potential customers will take their business? Some really smart companies have separate Twitter accounts dedicated solely to customer service. <br>
- Build Authority – Sharing your expertise and gaining interested followers helps to build your business’s credibility.
- Monitor Your Competition – It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure this one out! Check out what your competitors are doing and saying. Competition not offering fabulous customer service? Well, now there’s an opportunity!
- Beat Your Competition – So your excuse for no social engagement is, “no one else in my industry is using social media”. Surely you can’t be serious! If that’s true, as Cassandra Hayes says, “Their lack of presence is your golden opportunity.”
- Community Building and Brand Advocacy – No smart company wants to just “make a sale”. Companies who stand head and shoulders above their competition go out of their way to establish positive, long lasting relationships with clients by embracing social engagement. Happy customers share with their followers, otherwise known as brand advocacy.
- Work the Search Engines – Positive, consistent social engagement will definitely boost your company’s search engine results. This becomes even more important in reference to local listings.
- Social Media is Easy on Your Marketing Budget – Not only is social media less expensive than outdated channels of advertising, but seriously, how much warmth, trust and engagement can you have with a billboard?
- A Two-Way Recruitment Channel – You look for good employees and good employees look for good companies. Convey your company’s culture through social engagement.
- Crisis Management – Think that just because you don’t have any social media platforms, no one can or will say anything negative about your company? Wrong! Check out sites like scam.com, pissedconsumer.com, and ripoffreport.com just to name a few. Not to mention unhappy customers will vent on their own social media accounts. Stay tuned for our new reputation monitoring services.
- Generate Leads – Setup relevant keyword alerts and listen; you’ll soon learn of new opportunities.
To end with one last quote:
Despite these no-brainers, there are still companies – new and old, big and small – who avoid social media.