About Our Websites
If you’re on this page, we’ll assume you know you need a business website. Our sites are built with secure code, cleanly designed, search friendly, mobile responsive with AMP¹, (accelerated mobile pages), assistive and easy to update. We care about user experience, performance, security, accessibility, simplicity, clarity, and how they all play a role in helping you achieve your business goals. Your site will look and function beautifully on any device your customer or potential client is using.
We’re here to help you utilize technology to lighten your business burdens, keep your life light while providing your clients with seamless, assistive, and delightful online experiences.
Types of Websites
The Web Design Process
First and foremost, this is your site and your story. We want you to be involved as we create your site. Your site will be the “face” your company presents to the world; reflecting your goals and ideals.
Beginning with the end in mind, these are the steps involved in the web design process:
Step 1 | Definition
- Definition and scope of project – discuss your needs and goals, ensure all questions are asked and answered
- We send a project proposal to you with all details and an estimated timeline/launch date.
Step 2 | Getting Started
- We will send you a “Getting Started” page with what we need from you to, well, get started!
- We will outline content and function of site.
Step 3 | Design & Development
- Decide, determine, and design visual aspects (your logo, branding, graphics).
- Once the site layout and design is approved, We will move forward with the designing of all pages, functionality and responsive code, making sure your site looks great and functions nicely across all devices and web browsers.
- A large and time consuming part of website design is in the layout, structure and design of the site. We will create the framework of the website and will send the homepage and a sub-page for approval.
Step 4 | Revisions & Edits
- Adjust and confirm project timeline as needed.
- Once the site is ready for final review, you’ll be able to review each page and we can make detailed edits until the site is revised completely.
Step 5 | Cleaning Up
- Once your site is ready to go live, all unnecessary plugins, pages, images and back-end files will be removed. The new site will be backed up and saved should it ever need to be restored.
Step 6 | Site Launch!
At this point in time, you will have a site that is not only creatively designed and visually appealing, but SEO friendly and functional as well.
Why Choose Us?
What are PWA’s?
PWA stands for "Progressive Web App". However, it is not an app in the traditional sense that we think of an app. It's a "blend" of different components specifically chosen for a particular site. Stated a different way,-- it's like a recipe. There are many different "ingredients" that are available to make your favorite cookies. However, it wouldn't make sense to use all the ingredients in your kitchen to make them. PWA's must be designed intelligently in order to be effective. There are three basic requirements for a website to technically be called a PWA.
1) Your website must be running under "https".
2) You have a Web App Manifest (simply put, this is a JSON file with information about your site).
3) You have "Service Workers"; an example/indicator would be web push notifications, caching strategies and offline fallback.
See how Forbes is re-defining modern web development with Progressive Web App technology here.
The video below shows how much difference implementing a service worker can make:
Bottom Line: Implemented properly, a good PWA "recipe" should make all user experiences/interactions on your website a five-star experience.
More questions? Visit our glossary page here.
¹“BMW.com.” What Is AMP – AMP, AMP Project, 12 Mar. 2018, www.ampproject.org/case-studies/bmw/.