Whether you’re an individual or a small business, everyone has a story to share. What’s yours? Your story is what makes you unique. Just as no two people have the same fingerprint, no two people have the exact same story to tell. Let us help you weave your story into your web design.
Good content is not storytelling. It’s telling your story well. ~ Ann Handley
Did you know that whether or not you have a business, it’s still a good idea to have your own website? Why? While the following list is by no means all inclusive, it does highlight some important benefits of having your own web presence.
Benefits to creating and owning your web presence-
- Having your own website helps you to present a unified, professional and credible image. Own your Internet identity.
- Online reputation is extremely important! Purchase your own domain name for your unique personal and/or business identity. Owning your Internet identity makes it easier for you to stay in control of your information and reputation.
- Stability– Although you may move your business, change your phone number, add products and/or services, your web address never changes and can be updated easily.
- Global market– Reach additional markets, customers, distributors and/or suppliers simply by having a website. A professional website or eCommerce site works for you 24/7; timezones aren’t an issue. Did you know that eCommerce is a trillion dollar industry*?
- Better customer service– Do your clients ask the same questions? Quit spending valuable time answering the same questions over and over. When you have a website, clients can find important information as well as pay for products and services any time of day or night.
- Save money and increase profitability by creating an on-line brochure or catalog. Not only will you save on printing and distribution costs, there is virtually no cost associated with emailing potential/existing customers.
- Enjoy increased productivity by automating as many systems as possible. Automation frees up your time and reduces the need for additional employees.
All of our websites are designed to be responsive and mobile friendly. Your site will look and function beautifully on any mobile device your customer or potential client is using.
The Web Design Process
First and foremost, this is your site and your story. We want you to be involved as we create your site. Your site will be the “face” your company presents to the world; reflecting your goals and ideals. Beginning with the end in mind, these are the steps involved in the web design process:
- Definition and scope of project – discuss your needs and goals, ensure all questions are asked and answered
- We send a project proposal to you with all details and an estimated timeline/launch date
- Content outline and function
- Site map (navigation)
- Decide, determine, and design visual aspects
- Based on your feedback, final design will be selected
- Adjust and confirm project timeline
- Develop/build site
- Test and refine
- Repeat #1 until site is perfect
- Site launch!
At this point in time, you will have a site that is not only creatively designed and visually appealing, but SEO friendly and functional as well. Questions? Get in touch with us here.
*Mashable, “Ecommerce Sales Topped $1 Trillion Worldwide in 2012”, Mashable.com: https://mashable.com/2013/02/05/ecommerce-sales-top-1-trillion-worldwide. February 2012. See also Emarketer, http://www.emarketer.com/Article/Ecommerce-Sales-Topped-1-Trillion-First-Time-2012/1009649. February 5, 2013.